4/5/15

Cameroun - Final Report (EN)

Cameron 2015 - Closing of a cycle (English)

We performed for approx 10.000 kids and their families.
We've done 14 shows, in refugees camps, schools and even in a Central market.
The experience let me a very nice feeling.
I'd heard hard things from Africa, and I went prepared for the worst, the hunger and the abandonment of the man.
Instead, I've seen a society, a country, opening the arms to their neighbors in a hurry.
And I also see the efforts of the international community to make better the life of these persons. Movements of medics, educators, people and resources, that came from the hand of the ONG to help.
In my way trough the East and center Cameron, I didn't see people dying of hunger.
Yes, I saw a poor alimentation, and not too many new ideas to promote a change, but the earth was super good and there was water.
It's a culture near to their origins, with a strong connection to the earth, and a simple and easy conscience.
I liked a lot these values, it invites us to imitate them and live more the present moment.
We helped in opening new doors in children's head.
The majority of them are in a cultural conflict between their Muslim education and culture and the "occidental" new education.
We focused ourselves in promoting a peaceful resolution of the conflicts, using the power of the laughter and the destructuration, as ways of finding new and creative solutions to old conflicts.
I'd never felt so useful, I think this was a concrete way to understand the educative role and the power of communication in the art of clowning.
I hope to have the possibility to repeat the experience, I'm really motivated!
Merci Camerun! Ossoko! (Thank you!)


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario